PCL Conversion Technology
PageTech's PCLTool SDK is an industry exclusive dynamic link library (DLL) that converts HP PCL text and vector files into bitmap formats (in-memory TIFF Gp4, in-memory DIB, PCX, DCX, BMP, JPG, XPS and TIF) or vector formats (in-memory GDI, PMF, WMF and EMF) with metrically matching TrueType fonts for those used to create the HP PCL print file.
PCLTool comes with a sample application program that exercises all the functions of our Transform .DLL's & Imaging .DLL's. All DLL's that come with PCLTool SDK are designed to fit into existing applications quickly and seamlessly.
PCLTool SDK v16.0
PCLTool SDK v16 includes many new features and functions including a new text extraction method that can unscramble Chinese and other double-byte print streams back into legible Unicode or UTF-8 text.
In addition we ported our PCLTool SDK to Red Hat Linux. HP chose the Linux version our SDK because we have the only product that can convert the complex PCL5e generated by the State of California’s CalWin system for its multi-lingual citizenry. PCLTool SDK is capable of supporting all the characters included in the Unicode specification for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Cambodian, Thai, Farsi and others.
Live Evaluation: Try PCLTool SDK v16.0!
PCLTool SDK / PCL Works Release Note: PTRelnot
PCL software applications are not normally an out-of-the box solution, so we encourage everyone to give us a call at (+1) 858 794-6884 and tell us your application workflow. We will get you into the correct solution, saving you time and money!
PCL Power and Flexibility
PCLTool SDK is available in five custom configurations plus PCLWorks Program. By designing flexibility into our products we give our customers the ability to purchase only the applications they need.
Use the links located in the side navigation panel to learn more about the different PCLTool SDK configuration.
- Turns laser printer output files into portable documents without the need for proprietary drivers, authoring kits, viewers, etc.
- Smallest PDF file size, with searchable text using our exclusive JBIG2 raster compression option. We can convert download bitmap fonts into scalable TrueTypes for embedding into PDFs when converting to vector PDFs.
- Indispensable in the development of Windows electronic form applications that use HP PCL form overlays or as a tool for developers of HP PCL4/5/5e/5c+HPGL/2+PCL XL (PCL6) applications on any platform.
- Turns documents printed to your laser printer viewable in their native, printer-ready format.
- A valuable trouble-shooting tool for technical support personnel responsible for solving HP PCL4/5/5e/5c+HPGL/2+PCL XL (PCL6) printer problems.
DLLs with Sample Programs:All high/low level function calls are exercised in our sample programs.
WINFMOVEcan convert the TrueType typefaces that come with Windows for support of these fonts.
Speed: PTC(*).DLLwas designed to rasterize fonts “on-the-fly” and it's done in a heartbeat!
PTC32 Log File:If PTC(*).DLL encounters any error conditions, warnings or PCL that requires it to make a decision, a log file is automatically generated.
Font Substitution Map:A font map can be used to substitute metrically correct scalable fonts for bitmaps.
*.DLL Versions: PTC32.DLL, PTCNet.DLL, PTC64.DLL & PTCNet64.DLL
OS System Requirements
Compatibility- Any 32-bit or 64-bit Windows Operating Systems Win XP/2000 and above.
US $425 - $3,995 depending on PCLTool SDK options selected. Subject to reasonable restrictions and conditions. Custom licensing and modifications are available. If you purchased any version of PCLWorks for US $61 or $71, a $50 credit can go towards the purchase of PCLTool SDK.
Please call us if you have any questions regarding the integration of PCLTool SDK into any of your PCL applications.
Phone: (+1) 858 794-6884